The Tour Guide’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Drive in a safe, competent manner a non-air-conditioned trolley that is over 10,000 pounds but not greater than 26,000 pounds in weight and is 30 feet to 35 feet in length on busy public streets while entertaining guests by narrating a scripted sightseeing tour of approximately 1.5 – 2 hours each in duration, up to 4 times daily.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to learn and memorize scripted tours, and routes as assigned.
- Ability to handle stressful situations and difficult people while maintaining a professional, and pleasant demeanor.
- Ability to maintain a published schedule of trolley stops.
- Ability to board, and exit the trolley and assist patrons boarding, and exiting the trolley.
- Shall be able to work some evenings, and most weekends and holidays.
- Ability to read, write and speak fluent English to communicate with fellow coworkers the general public, law enforcement, and emergency personnel.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time, climb stairs multiple times each day, lift 50 pounds to a height of 45 inches and carry it 10 yards and tolerate a wide range of temperatures and weather conditions.
- Valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Class C or greater with a “clean” driving record.
- Must pass a DOT physical, pre-employment drug test and background check.
- Must be insurable at standard rates under the company fleet policy.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.